We encourage employees and business partners to play a role in monitoring the consistent implementation of Matahari’s
values and code of conduct by providing secure whistleblower mechanism for them to report suspected wrongdoing by
the Company or its employees without fear of retaliation.
This mechanism, ‘Suara Matahari’, is part of our internal control system and plays an important role in our commitment
to fair working conditions. It is managed by an independent third party to ensure its objectivity and effectiveness.
Suara Matahari offers a range of confidential channels through which employees and other stakeholders can report if
they genuinely suspect that a violation of the Code of Conduct or other misconduct has taken place, remaining anonymous
if they wish. The Company’s whistleblowing policy, including the procedures and contact numbers for reporting, has been
disseminated to all our employees, management, suppliers and business partners.
Suara Matahari has a number of features that support its accessibility, trustworthiness and effectiveness:
1. Numerous hotline channels, including toll-free phone lines, Short Message Services/SMS, website, email and mailbox;
2. Promotion of anti-fraud awareness and the whistleblowing program to all management, employees and suppliers;
3. Experienced contact centre operators who handle incoming reports;
4. Forensic investigation experts to follow up the incoming reports and present the issues to management;
5. Recommendations for improvements.
Suara Matahari is managed by an independent administrator, Deloitte. This ensures that informants have full anonymity
and protection. The Risk Management and Internal Audit Division monitors the status of the incoming reports and
consolidates them for reporting to the Board of Directors and the Risk Management Committee.
Suspected misconduct or violations of the Code of Conduct can be reported through any of the following channels:
- Hotline: Informants can contact Suara Matahari on +6221 2350 7056; they have the right to remain anonymous if they choose.
- SMS: Reports can be sent by SMS to +62 81586709196
- Email: Reports can be sent via email to suaramatahari@ tipoffs.com.The informant’s email address will not be disclosed
- Website: Reports can be sent via the Suara Matahari Website to http://suaramatahari.tipoffs.info
Reports should provide as much information as possible about the suspected violation.
- Mail: Reports can be sent via regular mail to Suara Matahari PO Box 3670/JKP 10036, Central Jakarta.
Reports submitted in writing must be accompanied by a disclosure cover sheet, which can be downloaded from the Suara
Matahari website. Informants should provide at least the following information to ensure that the appropriate actions
can be taken:
1. Name(s) of those involved;
2. Name of a witness (if available);
3. Information about the incident, including date, time and location;
5. The related nominal or assets;
6. The frequency of the incident(s).
Informants have the following options regarding the disclosure of their identity:
1. Full disclosure: the informant is willing to disclose his/her identity to Deloitte and the Company.
2. Partial anonymity: the informant is willing to disclose his/ her identity only to Deloitte. In this case, Deloitte will
keep the informant’s identity confidential from the Company.
3. Full anonymity: the informant is unwilling to disclose his/her identity to either Deloitte or the Company.
The Company guarantees to protect informants who report in good faith from any retaliation by the subject of the allegation.
In 2019, of a total of 86 cases reported, 67 were received via Suara Matahari and 19 through other channels. The cases
involved both internal and external parties, and included alleged violations of the code of conduct, conflicts of interest,
and requests for or receipts of money and/or gifts from vendors. All cases were investigated, with 62 being substantiated,
17 not substantiated and 7 still under investigation at the time of publication of Annual Report 2019.