Matahari’s Corporate Secretary is the Company’s primary point of contact for the financial regulatory authorities, investors, analysts and the public, and is responsible for ensuring that the Company’s compliance obligations under the prevailing laws and requirements of the regulatory authorities are met.
The Corporate Secretary is Miranti Hadisusilo, who was appointed on October 15, 2010, pursuant to Decision of the Board of Directors of PT Matahari Department Store Tbk 103/MDS/X/2010 regarding the Appointment of the
On December 8, 2014, the Financial Services Authority (Otoritas Jasa Keuangan – OJK ) issued a new rule, OJK Regulation No. 35/POJK .04/2014 regarding the Corporate Secretary. The appointment, role and responsibilities of the Company’s corporate secretary are fully compliant with the provisions of the new rule.
Duties and Responsibilities
As specified in the Company’s Articles of Association and in compliance with OJK Regulation No. 35/POJK.04/2014 and, the Corporate Secretary’s duties and responsibilities include:
1. Monitoring developments in the capital market, particularly changes in the laws and regulations;
2. Advising the Board of Directors on compliance with the provisions of Law No. 8/1995 concerning the Capital Market and its implementing regulations, and other relevant legislation;
3. Serving as the key point of contact between the Company, the Financial Services Authority (OJK) and the public on the disclosure of information relevant to the Company’s status as a public company (such as information on the Company’s financial and operational performance and activities);
4. Facilitating the recording and archiving of the minutes of all general meetings of shareholders and Board meetings;
5. Ensuring that the relevant authorities receive all the reports public company is legally required to provide, such as quarterly reports, management reports and annual reports.
Programs and Implementation
In 2019, the Corporate Secretary undertook the following key activities, among others:
1. Oversaw the preparation and dissemination of material information about the Company to the OJK, investors, analysts and the general public, and served as their principal point of contact with the Company;
2. Maintained a regular dialogue with external stakeholders and ensured that information on Matahari’s performance, operations and other relevant issues was disclosed to the public in a timely manner;
3. Ensured that the minutes of meetings of the Board of Commissioners, Board of Directors and Board of Management were recorded, disseminated and archived in line with Company regulations and policy;
4. Coordinated the organisation of the General Meeting of Shareholders;
5. Provided 126 mandatory reports to the relevant authorities, including quarterly reports, management reports, and an annual report; and
6. Coordinated the disbursement of funds for the Company’s Corporate Social Responsibility program.