Matahari is firmly committed to practicing the principles of good corporate governance, namely transparency, accountability, responsibility, independence, fairness and equality, which are embodied in the Company’s core values. These values are enshrined in our Code of Conduct, which serves as a guide for the Board of Management, Board of Directors, Board of Commissioners and all our employees in carrying out their day-to-day duties, by setting out the accepted standards of conduct for their interactions with other employees, shareholders, suppliers, and regulatory officials.
The Company has also implemented the Code of Conduct for its Business Partners, which is regularly reviewed, socialized and signed by all business partners of the Company to obtain a common understanding of the importance of upholding business ethics in doing business with the Company.
The Code of Conduct encourages staff and/or business partner to:
1. Improve accountability, transparency, and compliance with existing laws and regulations;
2. Implement tasks with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity;
3. Avoid giving or accepting inappropriate corporate gifts, bribery and kickbacks;
4. Avoid activities which may give rise to a conflict of interest with their work or doing business; and
5. Protect the Company’s proprietary information, both during and after their term of employment or doing business with the Company.
The Code of Conduct is promoted regularly throughout the Company, and all existing and new employees and business partners must sign the Code of Conduct at least every two years. All employees are aware that if there is any violation of the Code of Conduct, the Company may take any disciplinary action including the termination. In addition, the Code of Conduct is periodically reviewed and updated to ensure that it is aligned with the Code’s intended objectives, which are to:
1. Integrate Company’s values into employees’ and business partner’ ethical business practices in line with Company's vision and mission.
2. Clearly describe the Company’s values and the acceptable conduct that is to be followed by all employees and business partners in carrying out their day-to-day duties and responsibilities.
3. Provide basic guidelines for all levels in the Company with regard to interaction between employers and employees, shareholders, Government, and other stakeholders and also same applied with all business partners.